• In worker’s compensation matters, we receive 20% of any funds that we obtain on your behalf.
  • In all other injury cases, we receive one-third (1/3) of the settlement amount if the matter settles outside of court. If the case settles after litigation has started or a judgment is reached, our fee is 40% of the proceeds you receive due to the extra work involved.
  • We charge a flat fee retainer in traffic and criminal cases. You pay one fee at the beginning of the case and nothing more unless you want a jury trial or bench trial. Jury trial or bench trial representation will be another fee that is larger than the initial flat fee based on the amount of work needed. The amount of the flat fee will depend on the type of case.
  • In family law and other civil matters, we charge an initial retainer at the start of our representation. We charge an hourly rate that is billed against the retainer. If the initial retainer is depleted, another one will be required. The amount of the initial retainer depends on what type of case it is.

It depends, but most of the time we need the full retainer up front. We try to keep our initial retainers in civil cases lower to get the case started. Call today for a quote for your specific case.

Credit, debit, cash or check. We have a link on our website where you can pay or you can call in and pay by phone. If you are mailing in a payment, mail it to PO Box 36, Nokomis, IL 62075.

All areas of law are becoming more and more complex, and the laws are changing more often. This means that is harder to navigate your way through the court system without an attorney. We recommend that you hire an attorney to help you through your legal issue, especially if the party on the other side of the case is represented.

Yes, but only for bankruptcies and injury cases. For all other cases, we charge a lesser rate than our standard hourly rate and will meet for up to one hour to discuss your legal matter.

Today. If you are already considering talking to an attorney about the legal issue you are having, err on the side of caution and seek legal advice. Waiting typically will not help the situation and may cause you to lose ground with the insurance adjuster, former or soon-to-be former spouse, other parent, etc.

In whatever way that is best for you. Email is quickest to send to documents but regular mail works too. We will also call if it is an urgent situation or you request us to do so. Our goal is for you to be informed at every stage. We are also working with our online case management software to get clients access to their files, so you will always be able to log-in and see what is going on.

This always depends on the type of case. If any court documents have been filed by you or the other party, we need those right up front to know what we are working with. If you have received documents from the other party, we need those too. Please feel free to ask before your appointment if you need to bring anything with you. A valid phone number, email address and mailing address will be needed. Also, please bring your State ID if you have one.

Most of the time, this is unpredictable. The timeline will depend on the court system, the other party, and how quick the matter needs to move ahead. Unfortunately, we cannot make guarantees. We will work on your file as quickly as we can without sacrificing quality of our work.

Our representation, our counsel, our ear, and our help with the matter you are faced with. We do our best to meet your needs first and foremost. You are the client and most decisions are yours to make, not ours. We do our best to help you reach the resolution that you want and need.

For most legal matters, no. If it is a bankruptcy, you should not have to go to “court”, just a meeting with the bankruptcy trustee in an office. If it is a petty traffic offense and you live out of state or far away, we can typically avoid you having to be in court. If it is a criminal misdemeanor, traffic misdemeanor, or a felony matter, you will need to show up at least once in court. If it is an injury matter, typically these settle outside of court. Any contested family law matters will require court appearances but we try to limit these. If you are handling someone’s estate that has passed away, most of the time court appearances are not required.

YES. We often see clients a year or two after their divorce regarding issues that were not addressed in the initial divorce case or issues that were addressed but not correctly, because one or both parties were unrepresented.

Yes. It is not required to have your payments go through the SDU but having the child support paid directly to the SDU benefits both parties. Paying directly to the SDU allows for the tracking of all payments, and it simplifies the process. The receiving parent can have the funds direct deposited into their own bank account. The paying parent can have the funds directly withheld from their paycheck. This is so much better than paying with cash (where there is no record typically) or paying by check, which is more work than needed.

Yes, you can, but I do not recommend. It does not benefit you or your child to just wing it on a verbal agreement. Clearly laid out terms of parenting time, who has what responsibility, and how much child support should be paid is a must. Parties can always agree (in writing via text or email) to change it up regarding parenting time (f/k/a visitation), but a baseline written agreement is extremely important. Also, if you are the child’s father but you were not married when you had your child, you need to establish parentage as the legal father of the child.